It's always an experience to interview such a colorful musician like Popa Chubby, this time we did it Guitar in Hand. Popa was in town for the release of his double live album Big, Bad and Beautiful.
Popa Chubby interview
Subjects discussed in this interview
- The guitar riff which inspired him to start to play the guitar
- What's the Popa sound according to him
- How was the double live album recorded
- The full description of his live setup
- How he worked on the cover of Over The Rainbow
- An improvised demo at the end
The interview setup
The setup for the interview was not very far from his live setup. It was his trusty old Strat plugged in a limited edition Tube Screamer from Ibanez and a Montavillian Catalinbread delay pedal.
Until the next interview, keep on playing your guitar !
Full video reserved for subscribers