Showroom feature: Unicorn Classic from Ruokangas Guitars
As part of the service proposed to boutique guitar builders to exhibit and try out instruments in the private showroom of The Guitar Channel in Paris, here is the Unicorn Classic coming from Finland and built by Ruokangas Guitars (ruokangas.com) led by master builder Juha Ruokangas.
Ruokangas Unicorn Classic
Unicorn Classic Ruokangas Specs
- Amount of frets: 22
- Back colour: Tea
- Back finish: Paper thin satin
- Body binding: Cream
- Body construction: Solid
- Body wood: Spanish Cedar (Cedrela Odorata)
- Bridge: ABM 2054
- Fret marker style: Mother-of-pearl crown inlays
- Fret material: Stainless Steel
- Fret size: Narrow High
- Fretboard: Rosewood (Dalbergia Latifolia)
- Fretboard binding: Matched with body
- Fretboard finish: Oil / Wax
- Fretboard radius: 12"
- Hardware: Nickel plated
- Headstock face: Ebony (Diospyros Ebenum)
- Knob type: Amber Hat style
- Neck construction: Long tenon set-neck
- Neck profile: Boat '59
- Neck wood: Spanish Cedar (Cedrela Odorata)
- Nut: Moose Shin Bone
- Pickguard: 1-ply Cream
- Pickup rings: Cream
- Pickup set: Ruokangas Unibuckers
- Scale length: 24,75"
- Strap buttons: Gotoh Straplocks
- Top colour: Honeyburst
- Top finish: Glossy top finish
- Top wood: Exceptionally Figured Arctic Birch
- Tuners: Non-locking Gotoh SD510
- Wiring: Unicorn wiring 1 / two pickups
- Weight: 3.67kg / 8.1lbs
- Price: 8 800€
Presentation of the luthier Juha Ruokangas
Master builder Juha Ruokangas has assembled a team of a few highly skilled luthiers around him to produce a small number of very high-end instruments. Interviewed for the first time in 2014 at the Holy Grail Guitar Show, the Finnish luthier offers high-end guitar.
Come and try this guitar in our showroom in Paris, France!
During the whole stay of this instrument in the showroom, it will be possible to come and try them out.
There are two ways to do this:
- You are a premium subscriber to The Guitar Channel, you can then make an appointment and come whenever you want.
- You are not (yet) subscribed, then contact the luthier to start the conversation and see with him if it is relevant to come for a test ride.
Get featured in our private showroom in Paris, France!
You are a luthier and wish to be featured your in our private showroom?
The service proposal is presented on this page.