This edition promises to be particularly exciting because of the state of the market: the big brands are in danger, Gibson will not be present, developing brands propose some new initiatives, independent luthiers are more and more present, etc.
In addition, the Anaheim Convention Center has been remodeled, so it should be even better than the previous years.
NAMM 2018 - The game plan
To be successful in a big fair like the NAMM or the Musikmesse is a subtle mixture between a huge preparation upfront in order to maximize as much as possible the time spent on the spot while retaining open periods to leave room for the encounters that one cannot plan in advance and that it would be a shame to miss.
Here is the game plan:
- Interviews with artists and exhibitors
- Business discussions to maintain the current pro partnerships and sign new ones
- Facebook live from the show floor
- A full photo report for the club members every night
- A selection of photo on Instagram
NAMM 2018 - To watch list
- The Boutique Guitar Showcase managed by Jamie Gale will present for the 2nd year a superb space to highlight high-end luthiers from all over the world
- The Luthiers Beyond Limits initiative brings together Beauregard, Tao, Alquier, Klein, Matsuda and Pagelli.
- Taylor Guitars is to announce a new product which we will know more soon.
- And of course all the news that the manufacturers announce on this occasion!
NAMM - Budget
Spending 8 days in Los Angeles is expensive. This year again to limit the budget (and also because I like this method of accommodation), I will have a lodging through AirBnB in a room at home not far from the Convention Center to do everything on foot.
For 1 person, keeping the cost down as much as possible we arrive around $2 200 budget:
- $700 plane flight Air France
- $700 for 7 nights via AirBnB
- $480 meals ($60/day approximately)
- $350 on site travel (shuttle, taxi and train)
- $2 230 Total
NAMM 2017 playlist
Here's a YouTube playlist of the videos produced last year:
Amplify your passion, join the club...
... to access to the private community (cited by all backstagers as the main benefit of the club) and all the exclusive content as well as contributing to the entrepreneur project of The Guitar Channel.
You are in the guitar business and you want to meet to discuss shop? Hit me!
See you at NAMM!