In the Snapchat app you have to keep a finger on the red button to record so unless you are an alien with a 3rd arm or you have a buddy around to take the snap while you play, you can't do it. But there's a solution to that very important issue for guitar players who want to snap AND play their guitar! On iOS you just have to activate AssistiveTouch, here's the procedure.
How to play guitar on snapchat
Here's the setup you have to do first on iOS
- Go to Settings > Accessibility
- Then turn on AssistiveTouch
- Record a gesture as shown in the video below
Once the gesture is recorded you will have something like that on your iPhone:
How to record a snap and play
- In the Snapchat app, tap on the AssistiveTouch white sphere and select the gesture you programmed
- When you are ready, tap the red button which will start the recording process right away
Example of a handsfree snap
The iPhone is mounted on a Gorilla Pod and I start the recording by pushing the red button only once.
Add me on Snapchat for guitar snaps
My Snapchat handle is pierrejournel (App link)
Until the next article, keep on playing the guitar!