For Pierre Journel
Published on 2015-09-30
For the first time The Guitar Channel presents you with an interview with Mike Keneally done right on the prestigious stage of the Grand Rex in Paris before the Joe Satriani concert of the Shockwave Supernova world tour. What a better place to do a in-depth 30min interview with a musician like Mike right on the place where the music actually lives?
Subjects discussed in the interview
- What's new since the last interview we did
- What's different in backing Satriani, Vai or Zappa?
- A full demo of his stage gear
- The guitars used on the tour
- His process to deal with his sound during the concert
- His secret to get his sound night after night
- His next projects
- And more
Mike stage gear
As I stated during the interview I was pretty surprised by how simple Mike's rig is : a couple of guitars, 5 pedals, an amp and bingo, that's it! Note that the Fractal Audio AxeFx seen on the second picture below the Rivera head is used only for the keyboards.
Joe Satriani stage gear
Here's Satch stage pedalboard for this Schocwave Supernova tour.
Bryan Beller stage pedalboard
Until the next interview, keep on playing the guitar!