For Pierre Journel
Published on 2015-04-10
Here's my video review of the Line6 JTV-59. I recorded a while ago in French but only took the time recently to fully subtitled it in English.
Line6 website: line6.com
Line6 JTV-59 review
What I enjoyed the most
- The possibility to use the JTV-59 as a standard electric guitar
- The amazing range of sounds available at your fingertips
- All the tuning you can dream of and more
- The overall quality of the instrument
What bothers me
- A bit heavy
- So many possibilities can be overwhelming
Conclusion about the Line6 JTV-59
The progress between the very first iteration of the Variax and this version is amazing. You can now enjoy both playing a good electric guitar and access an almost limitless range of sounds right from the guitar at your fingertips. The quality of the modeled sounds is awesome. I was especially impressed when I listened back to the recording of the review.
If you need that many possibilities because you play in a cover band with a huge range of styles, the JTV-59 is an excellent choice.