There are plenty of places in Paris, France to buy used or vintage guitars. Here is below the selection of The Guitar Channel. This is of course a list that has an element of subjectivity. Let's just say that these are the places where I would go with my eyes closed because I trust them to acquire a good instrument.
The stores that are not on my list are either stores that I personally don't know or that I don't recommend.
The best guitar stores in Paris for used/Vintage guitars
- Bass N Guitar (bassnguitar.fr)
- Address: 60 Rue Riquet, 75019 Paris
- A store almost exclusively dedicated to used guitars. Lots of instruments.
- Here is an interview in French with Pierre-Marie Gatignon before he changed places.
- Strong points: the choice, the reasonable prices, the service of a luthier in the basement
- Galerie Casanova (galerie-casanova.com)
- Address: 17 Galerie Véro-Dodat 75001 Paris
- Legendary store previously managed by François Charle and now managed by luthier Jérôme Casanova
- A really incredible place worth the visit in the middle of Paris
- Strong points: the selection of instruments, the expertise on Vintage and old guitars
- Guitare Village (guitare-village.com)
- Address: 161 Av. Jean Rostand, 95330 Domont
- Be warned that geographically the store is not in Paris. It is in Domont, a little to the north.
- A huge store with a huge selection, including boutique gear and luthier's guitars
- Strong points: the service, the possibilities to try all the guitars, the huge used guitar department
- Woodstore (woodstore.fr)
- Addresse: 6 Rue de Douai, 75009 Paris
- A store in the middle of Pigalle with a nice selection of Vintage instruments
- Strong Forts: regular arrivals of instruments
Other guitar stores in the world
These places of perdition called guitar stores exist of course everywhere else in France and in the world, here is a list of other establishments on which there are posts on this website.