Out of curiosity and having a certain taste of provocation, The Guitar Channel presents you an unusual shoutout between the Ox Amp Top Box from Universal Audio and a timeless Shure SM57 microphone. A kind of David against Goliath fight in the field of sound recording!
The goal of the game is more to show the different renderings that can be obtained rather than cloning the SM57 absolutely in the OX. So for the video below here is the detail of the configurations used.
Setup of the shootout
Common stuff :
- Guitar: Strandberg Boden Classic
- Pickup used: splitted neck humbucker
- Amp: Marshall 6101 orange channel in JTM45 mode and red channel
- Cab: 2x12 Ace Top
- Mic 1: Ribbon 160
- Mic 2: Condenser 67
- Room mic: Condenser 67 mono
- Reverb : Plate
- In axis
- No post-processing
- Reverb: Average Room 20% stereo in Final Cut Pro
Video - OX versus Shure SM57
Subscribe to watch the full video!