Winter NAMM: the game plan for 2016
For the second consecutive year, The Guitar Channel will be covering the Winter NAMM, held in Los Angeles in Anaheim next to Disney. Last year I came back with more than 20 interviews with very big names in the guitar, Zakk Wylde, Albert Lee, through Paul Reed Smith, Tom Anderson, Brian Wampler, Ola Englund and others (see full list here).
2016 Winter NAMM: the game plan
To make the most of big show like the NAMM or the Musikmesse is a subtle mix between a huge preparation to maximize as much as possible the time spent on site while retaining open periods to make room for the meetings you have absolutely no way to forecast and which are too good to pass.
Here's the game plan:
- Interviews with artists and exhibitors
- Business discussions to develop La Chaîne Guitare and The Guitar Channel
- A full photo report each day (over 500 pictures the last year posted on the private community)
- A Vintage guitar show (4 Amigos Guitar Show)
- A factory tour at Taylor Guitars in San Diego
2016 Winter NAMM: Budget
Spending 7 days and 6 nights in Los Angeles cost an leg, that is to say the least. In addition, hotels have the good taste triple or quadruple their rates during the weekend of NAMM. Thus the hotel where I was last year made the jump from $ 68 to $ 328 in the space of two days. Yes, business is business! So this year I will use AirBnB which is not very cheap either but at least who do not practice these kind of variations in rates.
For 1 person, trying to lower the budget as much as possible:
- US$ 900 roundtrip flight with Air France from Paris
- US$ 934 6 nights via AirBnB
- US$ 300 meals here (US$ 50 / day approximately)
- US$ 220 local travel (bus, taxi)
- US$ 2 354 TOTAL
Objectives of this California trip
- Do interviews for the Backstage Pass owners
- Develop business relationships
I work at 100% for The Guitar Channel: preparation and organization of interviews, production of audio and video broadcasts, website management, community management, business development, etc. So it's crucial I invest the money wisely to bring value to the subscribers and to find new partners to work on projects.
Boost your passion, get a Backstage Pass!
Now more than ever is the time to go Backstage to enjoy all the exclusive content, online masterclass, discounts from partners and access to private community.
Thank you again to all those who already support The Guitar Channel and thank you in advance to those going Backstage in the future, this is how this independent guitar media continues to develop and to amplify your passion for the guitar.
If you are present at the NAMM, ping me and we'll find some time to discuss guitar!