It's not that often that you get to meet and interview such a huge star like Stanley Clarke. I was supper happy to have the opportunity to do an in-depth 25min video interview with the famous bass master who was in Montreal to play at the Jazz festival.
Subjects discussed in the interview
- His first guitar
- What's different playing in a Jazz festival
- His take on the effect of the Internet on the music business
- The on-going love affair with his Alembic basses
- His approach to composing and producing
- How his latest album Up was recorded
- How it was composed
- His relationship with Stewart Copeland
- What's left to invent in the bass world
- His word of wisdom for musicians
Until the next show, keep on playing the guitar... or the bass!