The well-known German youtuber Henning Pauly (aka EytschPi42 on YouTube), who you've probably already seen several videos of, is organizing for the 4th time the 42 Gear Street. It is an event where the big guitar gear youtubers and the brands meet, network and shoot videos.
It will take place in the small village of Weilburg, a little above Frankfurt in Germany.
The Guitar Channel is not really part of the gear youtubers since gear reviews are barely 20% of the content produced for the subscribers but every time I met Henning on an event, he friendly insisted that I come.
So I'll be there to give you a behind-the-scenes look at the youtube game in guitar gear!
It will be a great opportunity to network with content producers and with the brands that will be there.
Note that this is not a public event, it's really a way to meet this small world outside the classic context of guitar shows, which is a great idea.
List of YouTubers present
- Henning Pauly - EytschPi42 - (155k / Germany)
- Jake Leigh - YouTube channel (600 / UK)
- Colin Scott - CS Guitars (217k)
- Carlos Asensio - Guitarraviva (3,8M / Spanish speaking)
- Andy Ferris - The Guitar Geek (57k / UK)
- Adam Steel - Hot Pole Studios (60k)
- Mike Milton - China Guitar Sceptic (42k / UK)
- Leigh Fuge - YouTube channel (6k / UK)
- Krenar Cilku - YouTube channel (1,5k / Austria)
- Kfir Ochaion - Youtube channel (1,8 M)
- Paul Davids - YouTube channel (2,9 M / Netherlands)
- Tom James - Elevated Jam Tracks (326 k / Backing tracks)
- Perfecto De Castro - YouTube channel (297 k / Philippine / Los Angeles)
- Glenn Fricker - Spectre Sound Studios (484k)
- Scott Elliott - Chernobyl Studios (19 k / Germany)
- Richard Morgan - Rich. Words. Music. (2,8k)
- Kristian Kohle - Kohlekeller Studio (42k / German)
- Mendel bij de Leij - YouTube channel (11k)
- Andrew Baena - YouTube channel (288k)
- Rich Bischoff - YouTube channel (16k / US)
- Alessandro Bianchi - Shape Your Tone (26k / Italian)
- Bernd Kiltz - YouTube channel (30k / German)
- Yours truly - La Chaîne Guitare
List of brands present
- Boutique Amps Distribution
- Cream T
- Harley Benton
- IK Multimedia
- Mono / Heritage
- TC Electronic
What to expect
I don't really know myself!
To be honest, I don't know what to expect but Henning is such a nice character underneath his restlessness that I didn't hesitate for a long time to go and spend these 4 days in Germany with this crazy bunch.
Be prepared for reports recorded on the spot day by day and interviews with the people present. Considering the density of guitar fans per square meter, it should be quite intense!