Juha @Ruokangas – Thermo Treated Wood
Juha Ruokangas is one of the pioneer of using thermo treated wood in instrument building. In this video of the Luthier Chronicle you will learn the whole story of this technique and how Juha uses it in his work. It's a fascinating subject. I hope you will enjoy the extract above, the full version is accessible with the Backstage Pass.
List of chronicles with Juha
- Update on the Captain Nemo guitar
- Being a luthier in Finland
- His favorite woods
- Thermo treated wood (this chronicle)
- Varnish, nitro-cellulose, etc.
- Aging of thermo treated wood guitars
- Short or long tenon?
- For or against CNC machine?