NAMM 2017: The Guitar Channel game plan
NAMM 2017 - The game plan
To be successful in a big fair like the NAMM or the Musikmesse is a subtle mixture between a huge preparation upfront in order to maximize as much as possible the time spent on the spot while retaining open periods to leave room for the encounters that one cannot plan in advance and that it would be a shame to miss.
Here is the game plan:
- Interviews with artists and exhibitors
- Business discussions to sell Pro Backstage Pass
- A complete photo report as well as instant video coverage via Snapchat (add me to get all the live updates)
- Factory tour at Taylor Guitars in Mexico at Tecate
- A day in Los Angeles with the luthier Isaac Jang
NAMM - Budget
Spending 9 days and 7 nights in Los Angeles is expensive. This year again to limit the budget and also because I like this method of accommodation, I will sleep via AirBnB in a house not very far from the Convention Center allowing to do everything on foot.
For 1 person, keeping the cost down as much as possible we still arrive at a little more than 2 000 € of budget breaks down thus:
- $700 plane flight Air France
- $650 for 8 nights via AirBnB
- $480 meals ($60/day approximately)
- $350 on site travel (shuttle, taxi and train)
- $2 180 Total
Objectives of this Californian stay
- Produce interviews (see the list of previous content done during NAMM)
- Developing business relationships
As a reminder, because I am sometimes asked the question, I work 100% for The Guitar Channel since 2012: doing the preparation and organization of all the interviews, taking care of the production of audio and video content, management of the website, community management, business development, etc. And I am loving it!
NAMM 2016 playlist
Here's a YouTube playlist of the videos produced last year:
Amplify your passion, join the club...
See you at NAMM!