Vintage Guitar Afternoon Matthieu Lucas collection – 13/05/17
Saturday afternoon May 13th, 2017 was held the 2nd edition of the Vintage Guitar Afternoon around the collection of Matthieu Lucas. The first edition in December 2016 was a great success, so we organized a second event in a new place since this time it is the Studio 180 in Paris that welcomed us.
Matthieu has brought this time 18 exceptional guitars (see list below) to the delight of the Pass Backstage subscribers who were able no only to see those instrument but also to play them!
- Fender Strat sunburst (1961)
- Gibson ES-335 formerly owned by Peter Green (1958)
- Gibson SG formerly owned by Robben Ford (1963)
- Fender Jaguar black (1964)
- Fender Strat formerly owned by Gary Moore (1963)
- Gibson ES-355 formerly owned by Noël Gallagher from Oasis (1960)
- Gibson SG Junior factory black (1963)
- Gibson Les Paul Gold Top formerly owned by Joe Bonamassa 1st prototype
- Gibson ES-250 (1940)
- Ernie Ball Music Man double neck formerly owned by Joe Bonamassa
- Gretsch formerly owned by Brian Setzer (1960)
- Gibson ES-330 factory black (1966)
- Gibson Les Paul Gold Rop reissue formerly owned by Greg Lake (2010)
- Gibson ES-335 (1964)
- Gibson ES-345 factory black (1959)
- Fender Strat Candy Apple Red (1966)
- D'angelico Style A formerly owned by Eric Clapton (1945)
- Gibson Les Paul Junior sunburst (1954)
Group portait with the backstagers
To judge by the width of the smiles on the faces, the backstagers that we see below were rather happy about this moment around the guitars of Matthieu who was very generous in his explanations and answered all the questions.
Here's a video (in French) with all the snaps published all afternoon long on my Snapchat account: pierrejournel
Add me on Snapchat to get all the live updates: pierrejournel
One last word
Another great thank you to Matthieu who spent a good part of his Saturday to bring the guitars back and forth for the pure pleasure to share the passion of Vintage guitar.
Until the next special event, keep on playing the guitar!