Vintage Guitar Afternoon Matthieu Lucas collection – 10/12/16
On Saturday afternoon, December 10th, 2016, there was a Vintage Guitar Afternoon, a special event reserved for the subscribers of a Backstage Pass: 14 vintage guitars from the Matthieu Lucas collection gathered in a studio. Not only were there incredible guitars in a great rehearsal studio in Paris (Luna Rossa) but above all we could play a good part of it. A unique experience for many.
- Gibson ES-345 Factory Black with a Bigsby (1959)
- Gibson ES-345 Factory Black without a Bigsby (1959)
- Gibson ES-335 with a Bigsby (1963)
- Gibson ES-345 TD which belonged to Eric Clapton (1964)
- Gibson ES-335 which belonged to Peter Green (1958)
- Gibson ES-335 (1959)
- Gibson Les Paul Rossa Corsa de Slash (2012)
- Gibson Les Paul Gold Top (1955)
- Gibson SG Les Paul Standard (1962)
- Fender Esquire (1954)
- Fender Strat pre-production which belonged to Eric Johnson (1954)
- Fender Strat L series which belonged to SRV (1965)
- Fender Strat prototype de Jeff Beck
- Fender Strat shoreline gold (1963)
Here are the first 11 guitars:
And the other 3, an incredible trio of Strat (left to right), a 1965 L series Strat owned by Stevie Ray Vaughan, a prototype Strat of Jeff Beck, Eric Johnson's 1954 Pre-Production Strat:
One of the big piece presented was that gorgeous Les Paul Gibson Rossa Corsa Slash prototype:
Group portait with the backstagers
To judge by the width of the smiles on the faces, the backstagers that we see below were rather happy about this moment around the guitars of Matthieu who was very generous in his explanations and answered all the questions.
Here's a video built with all the snaps published all afternoon long on my Snapchat account: pierrejournel
Add me on Snapchat to get all the live updates: pierrejournel
One last word
Another great thank you to Matthieu and his 3 guitar guards (Benny, Max and Michel) who spent a good part of their Saturday to bring the guitars (and a Vibroverb amp!) back and forth for the pure pleasure to share the passion of Vintage guitar.
Until the next special event, keep on playing the guitar!