The Rittenhouse Telecaster Story – Part 1 (@AbeRittenhouse)
Then one morning, on December 24th 2009, barely awake as I was checking my iPhone I see this Boxcar popup with this tweet:
I had WON!!! I checked, double-checked, triple-checked but it was for real I had won a free guitar. On Christmas Eve, how cool is that, he??! 🙂
As The Guitar Channel is about... guitars, I have decided to blog about each and every step of the making of my dream telecaster.
Here are the specs:
- Based on a Fender Reissue 52.
- Keith Richards Micawber as a reference but with a single coil in the neck position.
- Body: swamp ash, 1 piece. Hole for a possible humbucker in neck position.
- Color: butterscotch, blonde
- Finish: nitro-cellulose
- Pickguard: black, if possible with a second one for an Esquire configuration.
- Bridge: vintage 3x2 in bronze but compensated for correct intonation (Callahan)
- Neck: chunky C profile
- Head: Rittenhouse logo
- Strings: 10-42
- Tuning pegs: vintage style
- Relic level: high
- Pickups: Lollar '52 T
- Electronic: switch 3 positions + vol + tone
- Volume and tone pots: usable on all their course, especially for the tone.
Here are the pictures of the one piece body swamp ash Abe sent me today:
To be continued...